Robson Crim and the Manitoba Law Journal are pleased to invite the Robson Hall and Manitoba legal community to attend the launch of several new ground-breaking publications on Criminal Law Research and International Trade Law including the latest issues of:
- Criminal Law and Precrime: Legal Studies in Canadian Punishment and Surveillance in Anticipation of Criminal Guilt (co-authored by Associate Professor Richard Jochelson);
- The Manitoba Law Journal’s new volume containing an oral history of The Great Transition in Legal Education;
- The Manitoba Law Journal – regular edition;
- Underneath the Golden Boy;
- A special edition of the Manitoba Law Journal focusing on Criminal Law guest-edited by the Robson Hall Criminal Law Research Cluster; and
- The Asper Review
The book launch features guest speakers: Dr. Bryan Schwartz, Co-Editor-in-Chief, Manitoba Law Journal, Mr. John Burchill, LL.B., LL.M. and Dr. Michelle Bertrand, Associate Professor, Department of Criminal Justice, University of Winnipeg.
Very few academic legal research journals in Canada focus specifically on Criminal Law, therefore the Robson Crim group thanks the Manitoba Law Journal for dedicating a special issue to the area to create a space for legal and sociolegal scholarship in which scholars from different criminal legal backgrounds were invited to contribute.