Bursaries are a form of student funding for which repayment is not required. Bursaries are typically offered to Full-Time students who have demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba bursary application form, and the Faculty of Law Supplemental. Bursary criteria typically include a minimum grade point average requirement, although financial need is the first and foremost consideration. The intention of the bursary program is to assist with Winter Term tuition.
In 2017-18, $434,252 was allocated in needs-based funding to Robson Hall students. Of the total number of students who applied, 73% received assistance, with an average bursary amount of $3,500.00.
With one application Law students are considered for all Law specific bursaries. A complete listing of bursaries can be found by searching the Financial Aid & Award Database.
How to Apply:
- Submit an application to government student aid in your home province. Most applications are available in June.
- Submit your final assessment from student loans. You may email it to Marie Jivan or drop off a copy in the General Office (303 Robson Hall)
- Login to AURORA and under the ‘Student Awards and Financial Aid’ tab, complete the 2018/2019 Aid Year University of Manitoba General Bursary application AND the Faculty of Law Supplemental Section; both are required (step-by-step instructions)
Please note the following dates and deadlines:
- August 1: uManitoba General Bursary Application and Faculty of Law Supplement opens in AURORA
- October 1: application deadline. When this date falls on weekend, the application will close on the next business day.
- October 1: submit final assessment to Marie Jivan
- mid-November: bursary allocations applied to AURORA student for Winter Term tuition
You will not be able to print a summary of the information submitted for the ‘Faculty of Law Supplemental’ section in AURORA.
Last updated: May 16, 2018