Dr. Jennifer L. Schulz
- Dispute Resolution Theory
- Women Mediators
- Law, Culture & the Humanities
- with Peter Robson, Ethnicity, Gender, and Diversity: Law and Justice on TV (USA: Lexington, 2018).
- with Peter Robson, A Transnational Study of Law and Justice on TV (London, UK: Hart, 2016).
- “The Schulz Report: An Independent, Expert Evaluation of the Automobile Injury Mediation (AIM) Pilot Project,” commissioned by the Government of Manitoba and the Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation, January 31, 2014, 117 pages.
- “Fairly Legal: A Canadian Perspective on the Creation of a Primetime Mediator” in Asimow, Brown, and Papke, eds., Law & Popular Culture: International Perspectives (Cambridge Scholars Press, 2014) at 43-56.
- with Jocelyn Turnbull, “Mediation: The ‘Girly’ Litigation?” (2012) 2 Journal of Arbitration and Mediation 43.
- “Canada: ADR and The Associates,” in Peter Robson & Jessica Silbey, eds., Law and Justice on the Small Screen (Hart: Oxford, 2012) at 425.
- “Settlement and Mediation in Canadian Legal Television” (2011) 1 Journal of Arbitration and Mediation 77.
- “girls club Does Not Exist” in M. Asimow, ed., Lawyers in Your Living Room: Law on Television, (Chicago: ABA Press, 2009) 243.
- “The Cook, the Mediator, the Feminist, and the Hero” (2009) 21 Canadian Journal of Women and the Law 177.
- “Law & Film: Where are the Mediators?” (2008) 58 University of Toronto Law Journal 233.
- “The Mediator as Cook: Mediation Metaphors at the Movies” (2007) 2 Journal of Dispute Resolution 455. Nominated for the 2008 CALT Scholarly Paper Award.
- “Confectionery and Conflict Resolution? What Chocolat Reveals about Mediation,” (2006) 22 Negotiation Journal 251.
- Beaulac, Pitel & Schulz, eds. The Joy of Torts (Toronto: Butterworths, 2003).
- “Obstacles to Tortious Liability for Mediator Malpractice” (2002) 17 Supreme Court Law Review (2d) 149.
- “Mediator Liability in Canada: An Examination of Emerging American and Canadian Jurisprudence” (2001) 32 Ottawa Law Review 269.
To download selected articles please see: http://ssrn.com/author=393157
Board Member, ADR Institute of Canada
Vice President, ADR Institute of Manitoba
- 2012 – Present
Fellow, Winkler Institute for Dispute Resolution, Osgoode Hall Law School
Faculty Associate, Ph.D. Program in Peace & Conflict Studies, University of Manitoba
- 2006 – Present
Law Society of Manitoba
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Association for the Study of Law, Culture, and the Humanities (ASLCH)
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers (CALT)
Law Society of Upper Canada