This Access to Justice blog is a joint initiative of Robson Hall and the Law Society of Manitoba’s Access to Justice Coordinator. It is our hope that in the future, this will become but one aspect of Manitoba’s Access to Justice website.
Here, we will post on a weekly or semi-weekly basis, developments from across Canada related to access to justice, with an emphasis on how these developments are particularly relevant to Manitoba. We define access to justice broadly.
The developments noted on this blog could be:
- Changes to the law in Manitoba or elsewhere in Canada with an access to justice angle;
- Interesting cases that touch upon access to justice from Manitoba or which may be applicable in Manitoba;
- Highlighting research and conferences on access to justice; and/or
- Reporting on initiatives on access to justice within Canada in general and Manitoba in particular.
We look forward to “seeing” you on the blog. Please feel free to write to us about potential developments that may fit within the blog’s mandate.
- News: Department of Justice Releases Dual Reports on Legal Aid in Canada
- Action Committee Summit 2022
- News: Manitoba Revises Court of Appeal and Provincial Court Rules
- Opinion: Open Courts and Access to Justice in the Digital Age
- Opinion: Manitoba Should Look to Ontario’s Lead in Summary Judgment Availability