University of Manitoba Resources
University of Manitoba Marketing and Communications website – (additional resources such as: the University of Manitoba visual identity guidelines, logo, video and podcasts, and templates)
UMDirectory (although the directory is available online, you may want to download this application for Windows and Mac, and get quick access to the U of M Staff Telephone Directory right from your desktop. The application provides you with an electronic copy of the yearly U of M Phone Directory, a greener alternative to paper.)
In Canada, scholarly research is disseminated through a variety of complex channels and modes which include researchers, publishers, libraries and organizations from the private and public sectors. “Scholarly communication” is frequently the first level of research dissemination and is becoming an increasingly popular mode of global dissemination, improving accessibility to scholarly work and archiving along the way.
Scholarly Communication Tools
The Robson Hall BePress Site and the Social Science Research Network SSRN site are incredibly valuable tools for global scholarly communication. You will need to create account profiles for each of these sites and you need to keep potential copyright issues in mind. Professor Donn Short is available to provide additional information and assistance to get you set up.
- BePress: Run by Berkeley Electronic Press. Bepress Selected Works provides a simple to use webpage template that allows you to profile and disseminate your scholarly work. You can upload papers, create links or simply profile your work. You can customize the page and organize your work by subject or publication type and you can keep track of the number of downloads of your work through monthly, weekly and daily reports. Highly recommended.
- SSRN: Another very popular open access database which allows you to upload/archive your scholarly work for download. Also provides simple download reports. Highly recommended.
Robson Hall has its own in-house Communications Officer, whose role is to raise awareness of the Faculty of Law to the University, Legal Communities and to the public at large. Communications staff ensure that a consistent brand image is maintained, and work to increase awareness and elevate the reputation of Robson Hall.
Faculty, Staff and JD, LLM or MHR students are invited to use the following resources, which contain the current University of Manitoba brand:
- Power Point Presentation Wide
- Power Point Presentation 4x3
- UM Faculty of Law-specific University of Manitoba Logos
- NEW University of Manitoba logo
- Faculty of Law poster templates
NEW RESOURCE: Virtual Backgrounds for online meetings and lectures
As the pandemic era of social distancing continues, we are pleased to provide students and faculty with images of Robson Hall to download and use as virtual backgrounds to add a professional sense of place to your meetings or lectures.
Robson Hall in-house communications services available to Faculty include the following:
Publications & Advertising
- Design and layout of various publications for distribution in print and on the web. The coordination of print, delivery and placement.
Web Postings & Web Development
- News & Events, maintenance and updates.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Robson Hall website, and creation of new pages as required.
- The creation and distribution of press releases to the media either or directly or through the University of Manitoba central Marketing and Communications Office (MCO).
Electronic Display Boards
- The creation of News & Event items for the electronic display boards in the hallways.
- Scheduling, printing, gifts, digital files, and web uploads.
- The creation and ordering of various promotional items and gifts.