Dr. Jennifer L. Schulz
- Dispute Resolution Theory
- Cultural Legal Studies
- Contemplating Law, Film and Mennonites (2021) Law, Culture, and the Humanities.
- Mediation & Popular Culture (London: Routledge, 2020).
- with Peter Robson, Ethnicity, Gender, and Diversity: Law and Justice on TV (USA: Lexington, 2018).
- with Peter Robson, A Transnational Study of Law and Justice on TV (London, UK: Hart, 2016).
- “The Schulz Report: An Independent, Expert Evaluation of the Automobile Injury Mediation (AIM) Pilot Project,” commissioned by the Government of Manitoba and the Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation, January 31, 2014, 117 pages.
- “Fairly Legal: A Canadian Perspective on the Creation of a Primetime Mediator” in Asimow, Brown, and Papke, eds., Law & Popular Culture: International Perspectives (Cambridge Scholars Press, 2014) at 43-56.
- with Jocelyn Turnbull, “Mediation: The ‘Girly’ Litigation?” (2012) 2 Journal of Arbitration and Mediation 43.
- “Canada: ADR and The Associates,” in Peter Robson & Jessica Silbey, eds., Law and Justice on the Small Screen (Hart: Oxford, 2012) at 425.
- “Settlement and Mediation in Canadian Legal Television” (2011) 1 Journal of Arbitration and Mediation 77.
- “girls club Does Not Exist” in M. Asimow, ed., Lawyers in Your Living Room: Law on Television, (Chicago: ABA Press, 2009) 243.
- “The Cook, the Mediator, the Feminist, and the Hero” (2009) 21 Canadian Journal of Women and the Law 177.
- “Law & Film: Where are the Mediators?” (2008) 58 University of Toronto Law Journal 233.
- “The Mediator as Cook: Mediation Metaphors at the Movies” (2007) 2 Journal of Dispute Resolution 455. Nominated for the 2008 CALT Scholarly Paper Award.
- “Confectionery and Conflict Resolution? What Chocolat Reveals about Mediation,” (2006) 22 Negotiation Journal 251.
- Beaulac, Pitel & Schulz, eds. The Joy of Torts (Toronto: Butterworths, 2003).
- “Obstacles to Tortious Liability for Mediator Malpractice” (2002) 17 Supreme Court Law Review (2d) 149.
- “Mediator Liability in Canada: An Examination of Emerging American and Canadian Jurisprudence” (2001) 32 Ottawa Law Review 269.
To download selected articles please see: http://ssrn.com/author=393157
ADR Institute of Canada, Board of Governors, 2014-2019; Elected Manitoba Representative, 2014-2019
ADR Institute of Manitoba, Vice President, 2013-2019
Association for Conflict Resolution
Association for the Study of Law, Culture, and the Humanities
Canadian Association of Law Teachers
The Canadian Arbitration and Mediation Journal, Editorial Board Member, September 2015 – present
Canadian Journal of Women and the Law, Editorial Board Member, October 2010 – present